- Open Clinical Trials
- Closed Clinical Trials
- 2022-2026 Research Strategy
- Research Achievements
- Research Development and Funding
- BCT Trials & Projects Summary
- Clinical Fellowship Program
- International Fellowship Support
- Translational Research
- What is a Clinical Trial?
- Why Participate in a Clinical Trial?
- Research Blog
- Participating Institutions
- International Collaboration
- Annual Scientific Meeting
- Travel Grants and Awards
- Our Impact
- Researcher Login
Why fundraise for Breast Cancer Trials?
This year breast cancer is estimated to be the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australian women. Every day 57 people are diagnosed, that’s 1 person every 25 minutes, and eight will lose their life to breast cancer. Together we can change this.
It is through the fundraising efforts of our Pink Champions that our clinical trials research is possible. Through their support, our research has successfully found, and continues to explore, better treatments for people affected by breast cancer. This includes early breast cancer detection, improved metastatic outcomes and breast cancer prevention. More funding means more trials – and more trials mean the sooner new treatments become available.
Become a Pink Champion Today
Compete in a fundraising marathon (or an event of your choosing) whilst supporting Breast Cancer Trials. Raise over a certain amount, and we also deck you out in our bright pink apparel so you can stand pink and proud while you cross the finish line.
Entering a sporting event is a fantastic way to support clinical trials research. Being healthy and saving lives? It’s a win win!
How to get involved
There are many national events held annually which are open to runners and walkers of all ages. You don’t have to be an elite athlete to enter. Many people take part as a fitness goal they’ve set for themselves, or a fun way to get together with family and friends. It’s a great way to be fit and healthy, and to raise funds for breast cancer trials research too.
It’s simple to get active and fundraise for breast cancer trials research. Just follow these simple steps:
- Choose an event from Upcoming Events.
- Click the corresponding link to join our team.
- Personalise your fundraising page with photos and why breast cancer trials research is important to you.
- Send your fundraising page to your friends, family and colleagues and see your tally for breast cancer trials research grow!
- Don’t forget to register in your chosen event through the event website.
How we can help
We can provide you with support and ideas along the way. Once you create your fundraising page, we encourage you to download our Fundraising and Training Guide and promotional Posters to assist in your fundraising.
The guide will give you loads of tips and ideas to keep you motivated and to help you get the most out of your fundraising. You can also display the poster in your workplace, local shopping centre or sporting club to gather support from your local community.