- Open Clinical Trials
- Closed Clinical Trials
- Research Achievements
- Research Development and Funding
- BCT Trials & Projects Summary
- Clinical Fellowship Program
- International Fellowship Support
- Translational Research
- What is a Clinical Trial?
- Why Participate in a Clinical Trial?
- Research Blog
- Participating Institutions
- International Collaboration
- Annual Scientific Meeting
- Travel Grants and Awards
- Our Impact
- Researcher Login
Why Work for Breast Cancer Trials?
Breast Cancer Trials is committed to exploring and finding better treatments for people affected by breast cancer through clinical trials research. We are a group of world-leading breast cancer researchers based in Australia and New Zealand, supported by a team of professional staff who manage our clinical trials and raise the money we need to do the work we do.
Our research has improved the treatment of breast cancer, led to changes in the way breast cancer is managed, and saved the lives of millions of people affected by breast cancer since our inception in 1978. Our goal is for breast cancer patients to live better, to live longer, and to never die from breast cancer.
Our values – We before Me, Curiosity, Empathy and Greatness – are not just words, they are the simple behaviours of how we work on a daily basis. And “For good and for great”, is the energy and driving force behind everything we do.
The work we do and the decisions we make serve the common good of all people who are affected with breast cancer, as we strive every day to make the world a better place.
Organisations don’t make things happen; people do. Are you one of these people?
What We Do
Our office is located in Newcastle, NSW. Our dedicated team of 50 staff work across the three main areas of our organisation:
- Business Support
The Trials Department activate, monitor and close the clinical trials we participate in. All trials are carried out at participating hospitals and cancer treatment centres across Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. BCT does not have any direct patient contact, nor do we undertake any laboratory work.
Please see the Research section our website for more information.
Positions include: Clinical Trial Administrators, Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Trial Project Leaders and Clinical Trial Program Managers. Other positions cover Ethics and Regularly Affairs, Protocol Development and Quality Assurance (trials only).
Our national fundraising program is run from our Newcastle Office. There are many ways our supporters contribute to help us reach our research goals.
Please see the How You Can Help section of our website for more information.
Positions include: Supporter Care Officer, Appeals Coordinator, Supporter Engagement Officer, Fundraising Data Manager, Community Fundraising Manager, Community Fundraising Coordinator, Fundraising Digital Coordinator, and Individual Giving Manager.
Business support provides finance, communications and human resources support to the organisation.
Benefits of Working for Breast Cancer Trials
By working at Breast Cancer Trials we can offer you:
- A supportive work environment.
- Exclusive benefits only accessible to employees within the charity sector (salary packaging) which reduces the amount of tax payable and increases your take home pay.
- Generous conditions such as:
- One accrued day off per month (full-time staff only)
- Flexible start/finish times
- Additional leave when the office is closed at Christmas (not part of your annual leave)
- Paid Death & TPD, and salary continuance insurances
- Paid parental leave (in addition to the Paid Parental Leave provided by the Federal Government).
- Additional Carer’s Leave days – up to five days per employment anniversary
- Employee Assistance Program
Thank you for interest in working at Breast Cancer Trials. Please see below for current vacant positions.