- Open Clinical Trials
- Closed Clinical Trials
- 2022-2026 Research Strategy
- Research Achievements
- Research Development and Funding
- BCT Trials & Projects Summary
- Clinical Fellowship Program
- International Fellowship Support
- Translational Research
- What is a Clinical Trial?
- Why Participate in a Clinical Trial?
- Research Blog
- Participating Institutions
- International Collaboration
- Annual Scientific Meeting
- Travel Grants and Awards
- Our Impact
- Researcher Login
Breast Cancer Trials (BCT) is a bi-national organisation that aims to improve breast cancer outcomes through clinical trials. Our research successes over the last 40 years are founded on active contributions from our membership, along with collaboration amongst members and with international partners.
To ensure the ongoing success of breast cancer clinical trials in Australia and New Zealand, BCT is offering financial assistance to junior research clinicians who have secured an international fellowship, where they can gain experience relevant to the work of BCT. BCT will provide funds up to $30,000 to support relocation expenses.
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
- Based in Australia or New Zealand at the time of the application.
- Medical degree.
- Completed specialty training with a college relevant to breast cancer medicine (eg. Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Pathology, Radiology), or anticipated completion of training prior to BCT Fellowship start date.
- Evidence of research involvement (publications, presentations, posters, training) is advantageous, but not essential.
- BCT membership (if not a member, must be applied for before, or at the time of, submission for the relocation support). Membership is free, click here to apply.
- Secured fellowship placement at a host institution at the time of submission.
- Agree to provide a report (no more than 1 A4 page) back to BCT 6 months after commencement of the fellowship regarding progress.
- Complete the application form below, which includes current CV and letter of support.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel according to scoring criteria.
- Successful applicants will be notified within 4 weeks of application.
- Acceptance of the offer within 2 weeks.